7th Grade Initiative
All children have enormous potential! At the Wyoming Valley Y locations, we work hard every day to help our children set and achieve their personal and educational goals. We work to develop an environment in which children have a sense of belonging and feel comfortable exploring new and current interests and passions; all while building stronger friendships and creating new ones. We practice Y-based and community-wide volunteerism with our children as a way to give back to and serve our community. Children in the 7 GI program will experience this and much more as they become part of the GWVA YMCA and learn the Core Y Values we feel so passionate about.
- Program begins September 2020
- Program ends June 2020
- To Participate in the 7 GI Program students must:
– Provide a copy of final 6th grade report card or 7th grade class schedule for proof of 7th grade status.
– Have a parent or guardian present with you at time of registration.
- Homework Help
- Snack/ Dinner Provided
- Community Service Projects
- Bus Passes Provided
- Sports Recreation/ Fitness Training
- Enrichment Clubs
- Life Skills Training ( Junior Lifeguard, CP, First Aid, Babysitting)
Ashlee Rittenhouse, Youth Director
(E) [email protected] (P) 570) 970-5039