At the Y, we provide more than just a state-of-the-art fitness center and exercise studios, we are focused on the health and well-being of each of our members and strive to provide you with the tools you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
When it comes to group exercise, we have a variety of options. Our schedule boasts classes such a HIIT, Yoga, Barre, Cycling, Silver Sneakers and we even water aerobics in the pool!
What to Expect in Class
Attendance & Registration
- Group Exercise classes are complimentary to all Greater Wyoming Valley Area YMCA members at aour Wilkes-Barre and Pittston locations.
- Registration is encouraged for classes can be done online or by calling 570-823-2191 for Wilkes-Barre; 570-622-2255 for Pittston.
- Non-members may register to take any class for $10 per class.
- Classes designated as Co-Pilot are free to anyone age 60+ regardless of YMCA membership status. Learn more about these free senior classes here.
- Please remember, your instructor is a guide. You are welcome to modify exercises as needed.
In an effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment, we ask that all participants practice class etiquette and act in accordance with the YMCA core values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
- Please do not use cell phones use during class.
- Please refrain from talking or other disruptive behavior.
- Please do not reserve spots.
- Please wear shirts and appropriate shoes
- Please wipe down equipment after use.
Children ages 15 and under
- Children ages 10 – 15 are welcome to attend cardio and yoga classes with adult supervision.
- Children ages 12-15 may attend cycling and weight lifting classes only when accompanied by an adult. For Cycling child must also be 4’11” tall in order to successfully ride the bike.
- Children must be actively engaged and participating in class. Any child who becomes disruptive may be asked to leave at any time.
- Children not actively engaged in class are not permitted in class. Please contact the welcome center for current child watch hours for all children under 10.
- Class cancelation is at the discretion of the instructor and group exercise coordinator and may occur based on any factors that may impact class success and safety.
- Classes will be cancelled with as much notice as possible.
- To receive class cancellation and/or change notices, members must subscribe to a text service. Calls and emails will not be made.
- Text GROUPEX to 84483 to receive Group Exercise cancellations & changes