MODIFIED MOVES, MAXIMUM RESULTS
Fit & Strong! is an award-winning, multi-component, evidence-based physical activity program for older adults. This 25 session program targets older adults with osteoarthritis and has demonstrated significant functional and physical activity improvements in this population.
- Gain a clear understanding of what osteoarthritis is and how physical activity that is tailored to the needs of persons with arthritis can help them manage arthritis symptoms
- Learn to perform safe stretching, balance, aerobic and strengthening, exercises which gradually increase in frequency, duration, and intensity over time
- Incorporate physical activity into their lifestyles by exercising three times/week for 1 hour
- Reduce arthritis symptoms
- Develop individualized, tailored, multiple component physical activity programs that are sustainable after the program ends
- Maintain independent functioning
Contact: Wellness Director, Mikayla Mills at 570-931-3720
This project was funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant.
Program Partner: City of Wilkes-Barre Health Department