SAFETY AROUD WATER
This 5-day/ 3 week course, taught by a certified instructor, teaches children two sets of skills that will reduce the risk of drowning and give them confidence in and around water.
A typical session includes:
- Exercises to help children adjust to being in water.
- Instruction in “Jump, Push, Turn, Grab” and ” Swim, Float, Swim.” These are two skill sets children can use if they unexpectedly finds themselves in the water.
- An activity that teachers children about the specific safety topics such as pool rules and boating safety.
- A fund game to encourage comfort and activity around water.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES ARE FOR CELEBRATING FAMILY MOMENTS
What better place to have a birthday party for kids than the YMCA? We’ve got birthday party fun down to an art and our facility is a giant playground for kids eager to run, climb, swim and play (and eat cake, of course!)
WILKES-BARRE BIRTHDAY PARTY OPTIONS
WIBIT Swim Parties – This option includes 1 hour in the pool on our NEW WIBIT Inflatable Play Structures & 45 minutes in a party area.
Safe Parties – This party is free every month for families with autistic children. It includes one hour in the pool and one hour in the party room.
- 2 trays of 18 Cut Sicilian pizza OR 4 trays of Large Round pizza (additional pizza is available at an additional fee)
- Juice boxes & Water
- Paper products (table clothes, plates, forks, napkins, candles)
Please bring your birthday cake.
You are welcome to bring in any additional refreshments if you wish, or order additional items from our Pizza Partner, Tommy’s Pizza Corner. Please click here for a complete list of menu options. All additional items must be ordered no later than the Wednesday prior to your party date.
The first 20 children are included in the package price. Each additional child is $5.00. (An additional tray of pizza will be included for every 5 additional children)
YMCA Member – $230 (birthday child must be a member to receive this rate)
Non-Member – $270
Saturday 12:15-2:15 pm
To schedule a party or for more information contact:
Our goal is to provide our birthday children, as well as their families & friends, with wonderful birthday memories here at the YMCA!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER
• All parties are two (2) hours
• A maximum of thirty-five (20) children per party.
• A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to reserve the party date and time.
• Deposits are non-transferable.
• Parents/guardians should arrive 15 minutes prior to the party time , but no more than 30 minutes.
• Each party will have a party host who will assist with set-up/clean up and help to make the party a fun time for all.
• POOL PARTIES: ADULTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN THE WATER WITH CHILDREN WHO CANNOT TOUCH THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL OR ARE UNDER AGE 6 AND NEED A FLOTATION DEVICE.
PITTSTON BIRTHDAY PARTY OPTIONS
Splash Parties – This option includes one (1) hour in the pool and one (1) hour in a party area. Children are welcome to bring water- proof/inflatable toys to play with, and half of the pool is yours to enjoy. *All flotation devices must be foam core/ no “water wings or blow up rings permitted.
WIBIT Swim Parties – This option includes one (1) hour in the pool on our WIBIT Inflatable Play Structure and one (1) hour in a party area. *Pool time is private due to the size of the WIBIT
Gym Parties – This party includes one (1) hour in the gym and one (1) hour in a party area. We offer a variety of activities for all ages, and are always open to suggestions for fun games your birthday star would enjoy.
Art Parties – With this party you will do a fun messy-art project with one of our amazing party hosts that typically last forty-five(45) minutes, followed by one(1) hour in a party area. *This can be done for any age group, and each child will get to take home their project.
The first twenty (20) children for splash and gym/art parties are included in the package price. Each additional child is $5.00. (An additional round tray of pizza will be included for every five (5) additional children/adults).
Splash/Gym Party: Member $175; Non-member $225
Private Splash/Gym/WIBIT Party: Member $275; Non-Member $325
Art Party: Member $225; Non-Member $275
Saturday 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Sunday 3:00 – 5:00pm
PARTY PLUS ($150 ADD-ON)
• Five (5) large round cheese pizzas *extra pizza and toppings may be ordered for a fee
• Juice and water
• Snacks (a variety of chips, pretzels or popcorn)
• Paper products (table cloths, plates, forks, napkins, candles)
• Half sheet cake designed just for your party! (Flavors available are chocolate, vanilla, half and half or marble, and you have your choice of buttercream or whipped cream frosting) You are welcome to bring in any additional refreshments or décor if you wish.
Our goal is to provide our birthday children, as well as their families and friends, with wonderful birthday memories here at the YMCA!
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER
• All parties are two (2) hours.
• A maximum of children per party: Twenty (20)-Splash; Twenty (20)-Gym/Art; *$5 per child over limit
• A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to reserve the party date and time.
• Parents/guardians should arrive 15 minutes prior to the party time, but no more than 30 minutes.
• Each party will have a party host who will assist with set-up/clean-up and help to make the party a fun time for all.
• For splash parties, ADULTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN THE WATER WITH CHILDREN WHO CANNOT TOUCH THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL OR ARE UNDER AGE SIX (6) AND NEED A FLOTATION DEVICE.
For additional questions, please contact:
Lizz Elliott, Membership Director
570-655-2255 ext 102
Updates as of June 2020
• All participants over the age of three (3) must wear a mask unless in the pool or changing.
• All staff (except Lifeguards) must wear masks at all times.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be provided, use is encouraged.
• Gym and Art parties, as well as any time spent in your “party room” will be socially distanced. Please follow rules and guidelines as stated by your host.
• All guests will be screened prior to admittance to the Greater Pittston YMCA. This includes, but is not limited to temperature checks and a health assessment.