38th Annual Bernie's Memorial 3 Mile Run/Walk
NO SAME DAY REGISTRATION
PACKET PICK UP 7/1, 7/2 & 7/3 ONLY
About Bernie's Run
Bernie’s Run is a valued tradition celebrating our nation’s birthday since 1984. In 2021 we are excited to announce the return of our IN PERSON race coupled with our virtual race from 2020!
At the Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA, we believe strengthening people leads to a stronger, more caring community. We work with people who share our beliefs and mission and show their support by giving their time, talent, and financial support. By inspiring and involving people, we live our mission and put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
The YMCA is a cause-driven organization focused on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Every day we nurture the potential of kids, help people live healthier lives, and support our neighbors in need–because we believe in strengthening our community. Together…we build strong communities!
IN PERSON EVENT - Sunday, July 4, 2021 at 8:30am
VIRTUAL EVENT - Thursday, July 1 at 12AM - Saturday, July 3, 2021 at 12PM
REGISTRATION OPTIONS - Register before 6/20 to get a shirt!
- In-person = $25
- Virtual = $20
- In-Person & Virtual = $30
*One T-shirt per registrant regardless of number of events
NO DAY OF REGISTRATION
*PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT OFFER SAME DAY REGISTRATION. ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST BE DONE ONLINE. WE CANNOT ACCEPT CHECKS, CASH OR IN-HOUSE REGISTRATION.*
IN PERSON RACE DETAILS
- Registration w/ T-shirt: Open until June 20 at 11:59PM.
- Registration w/o T-shirt: Open until June 28 at 11:59PM
- Race Options: Run, walk or kid’s fun run
- Start Time Run/Walk: Sunday, July 4th – 8:30am
- Start Location Run/Walk: Intersection of Market & River Street (near Market St. Bridge)
- Start Time Kids Fun Run: Saturday, July 4th – 9:15am
- Start Location Kids Fun Run: Intersection of South Main & Ross Street
- ATTENTION: Pets are NOT allowed on race course.
- PACKET PICK UP: T-shirts & bibs can be picked up July 1, 2 & 3rd – at the Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA Front Desk. Thursday & Friday 5:30am – 8pm, Saturday 8am – 4pm. Friends and family can pick up other participants’ packets. All packets will be signed for and are no longer the responsibility of the YMCA once picked up. Please be sure to protect your bib and do not fold it.
NO DAY OF REGISTRATION
- In-person: Overall Men’s & Women’s Champions 1st, 2nd & 3rd in both the Run and Walk
- In-person: Overall Largest Team (To join a team please add your team’s name at registration with proper spelling and capitalization to be sure you are added to the team)
- In-person: Age Groups Awards to Top 3 Runners: 10 & Under; 11-14; 15-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-69; 70-up
- Virtual: Overall Men’s & Women’s Champions in both the Run and Walk
- T-shirt deadline June 20 at 11:59 PM
- One shirt per registrant
- Sizes – YS YM YL S M L XL XXL
Kid’s 1/2 Mile Fun Run
- Ages 2 to 10 years
- T-shirts given to participants pre-registered before 6/20
- Medals awarded to all finishers
- Runners need to be at the starting line at 9am
- WHEN: Thursday, July 4th
- TIME: 9:15am
- START: INTERSECTION OF W. ROSS & SOUTH MAIN ST.
- FINISH LINE: PUBLIC SQUARE
- *Pre-registration closes 6/20/2020
We will host our 2021 award celebration immediately following the kid’s fun run at approximately 9:45am.
*Please follow all current masking & social distancing guidelines before & after this event.7