7th Grade initiative
All children have enormous potential! At the GWVA YMCA locations, we work hard every day to help our children set and achieve their personal and educational goals. We work to develop an environment in which children have a sense of belonging and feel comfortable exploring new and current interests and passions; all while building stronger friendships and creating new ones. We practice Y-based and community-wide volunteerism with our children as a way to give back to and serve our community. Children in the 7 GI program will experience this and much more as they become part of the GWVA YMCA and learn the Core Y Values we feel so passionate about.
- Program begins September 2020
- Program ends June 2020
- To Participate in the 7 GI Program students must:
– Provide a copy of final 6th grade report card or 7th grade class schedule for proof of 7th grade status.
– Have a parent or guardian present with you at time of registration.
- Homework Help
- Snack/ Dinner Provided
- Community Service Projects
- Bus Passes Provided
- Sports Recreation/ Fitness Training
- Enrichment Clubs
- Life Skills Training ( Junior Lifeguard, CP, First Aid, Babysitting)
Ashlee Rittenhouse, Youth Director
(E) [email protected] (P) 570) 970-5039